Friday, February 19, 2016

Jayaruh #46 Completed

It was a beautiful day out today, so I took advantage of it to craft this handle from oak. I patterned it after one of my favorite shapes, #37. I did not take many pictures today, I just got to work crafting the handle. I am thinking of putting an Ace synthetic in it. The pure badger that I dry fitted is a bit smaller than the Ace, so I will have to make the hole a little wider. Although the bottom of the knot measures about 24mm, it widens to about 27 in the glue bump. 




It has been two weeks since I cut the end of my thumb with the table saw. Although not completely healed, the end of my thumb does not bother me unless I poke the spot directly. I try to avoid that.


Here are the update pictures of my injury. The injury was on February 5, and I started taking daily update pictures on the eighth. Click on the picture to see the enlarged version.


Update: February 20



Updated: February 21



Updated: May 2, 2016

I used the Ace synthetic knot for the Bumble Bee handle, so I need to get a new knot. I received a 24mm Maggard synthetic knot today and set it in the JR#46 handle with silicone.






No comments:

Post a Comment