Thursday, February 4, 2016

Cholula Brush Upgrade


The Cholula brushes are made from the lids of Cholula Hot Sauce. They will fit nicely in a medicine bottle for travel. I decided to upgrade on of the handles with an extended handle. I made it out of a piece of  walnut. I started by cutting a cube 27 mm on the side. I rounded it and then shaped it.  







I have glued the two pieces together and sealed the raw wood. Once it dries, I will put a coat of polyurethane on it to finish it off.


February 8, 2016

On Friday, February 5, I decided to make another handle for my other Cholula brush. In the process, I got too close to the saw and cut the end of my thumb. It is better today, no infection. It will probably take me another month or so before I am back to normal. Anyhow, I did finish the other handle, and here are the two brushes finished.




That is the thumb I injured. OUCH!

My thumb was injured on February 5. I started taking pictures on the eighth to document its healing.

No comments:

Post a Comment