Monday, February 22, 2016

Jayaruh #47 Completed

It was very nice outside today, so I took advantage of the weather and began a new brush. This is Jayaruh #47. I did not take pictures of all the stages, just the latter ones. The first picture is after I got the basic shape. I fitted it with a pure badger I had on hand.



I decided to do something different this time. I put a North Carolina Quarter on the bottom of the handle. So, this will be my North Carolina brush.



I stained it with dark walnut. I received two Sunrise knots in the mail today and decided to put one in this handle. I think it will be a really nice brush. I just need to polyurethane it and then set it.



February 23 Update:

These pictures are a dry fit with the Sunrise 24mm synthetic knot after the first coat of polyurethane has dried.






No comments:

Post a Comment