Friday, October 18, 2013

Shave of the Day - 10/18


Dove Men's Face Wash
Van Der Hagen Luxury Shaving Soap
Semogue 1305 Boar Brush
Merkur 37c Slant (First Shave)
Merkur Stainless Steel (1)
CWR
Dickinson's Witch hazel
Pinaud Clubman AS

Today was a new experience in shaving. This was my first shave with a slant razor. They have always looked a little intimidating to me, but as it turns out, that was unfounded. Probably because I have a lot of experience with wet shaving both single and double edged razors. After a nice shower, I face lathered with VDH Luxury soap and my Semogue 1305. The Merkur 37c, paired with the Merkur Super Platinum blade, did a fine job with two passes and some clean up. It was an effortless shave ending with a near BBS shave. I finished off with the Dickinson's WH and Pinaud Clubman AS. I do not recall any stinging with the after shave. What a nice shave!

No comments:

Post a Comment