Sunday, October 6, 2013

Gillette Slim Adjustable H1 - 1962

October 6: This is my newest razor. It is a 1962 Gillette Slim adjustable. The Slim is the second of three major adjustable razors by Gillette. The first was the Fatboy, 1958-1961. Then the Slim 1961-1968. Then lastly, the Super Slim (black aluminum handle), 1969-1986. I have been after a Gillette Slim for some time now. I have even bid on seven slims before winning this one. I found that the good ones usually go from the mid-$30s to $70+.  Estimated delivery is October 10. I am excited to get it and add it to my collection. 





Update: October 10. The razor arrived today. Here are the pictures. It is in good shape. I will give it a good cleaning and put it through its paces next week after I finish a week with my Gillette New. While I am at it, I think I may get some black paint to fill in the numbers.





Here it is after a little clean up and numbers painted.




Update: October 11

Here it is polished up with the numbers painted in. I've set it aside with its new brothers and will break it out sometime next week for its first shave with me. I am really happy with this acquisition.



No comments:

Post a Comment