Saturday, July 28, 2018

Rubberset 400 Restore

I was sent this Ruberset 400 #4 by a fellow shaver on TSD. He wanted it polished up and replace the knot with an Omega 49 knot. Well, when I got it, I was surprised that the knot was original and really appeared to be in good shape. I cleaned it all up, washed the knot, and decided that it might be best to keep the knot. So, I contacted him and shared my thoughts.

Right out of the package with the Omega 49.

The knot appears to be a great knot.

This is after I buffed the handle a bit.

I did a little hand polishing with these results.


I decided to do a test to see how it lathers. I used Williams, and boy did it perform. After communicating with Doug, I decided that I will use it for tomorrow's shave and see how it performs face lathering.



If this were my brush, I would not replace the knot. If tomorrow's shave goes well, I will just polish up the handle and send it back to Doug. What a great brush!


No comments:

Post a Comment