Thursday, July 19, 2018

Jayaruh #306 and 307

A fellow shaver on TSD contacted me and told me a story that involved his rifle stock arriving in the mail broken just behind the trigger guard. Tragedy! He asked if I could use the wood to make a handle for him. I told him that I would give it a shot. Here it is. Today, I cut the stock into strips.



I loaded one of the pieces up on the lathe and began to make it round.


 After making the piece round, I turned two handles.


Fresh off the lathe.

I drilled an undersized hole in the first handle.

I drilled an undersized hole in the second handle.

Here are the two handles with a silvertip badger dry fitted. Next, I will put a finish on the handles and decide which handle will get the knot.

Update:

After the first coat of polycrylic dried, I took the handles out and took some pictures.

The first two pictures are of #306.




 The next two are of #307.


Update:

I branded the handles.


Update:

I set the knot. Here is the finished brush.








Update: July 24, #306 completed.






No comments:

Post a Comment