Saturday, June 9, 2018

Shave of the Day - 6/9


Proraso Pre Shave
CTAPT Shaving Cream
Jayaruh #288
Joseph Elliot Wedge
Thayer's Peach WH
English Leather

This shave was planned for Saturday, but it did not occur. On Friday, I had an episode, and my wife ended up calling 911. My blood pressure hit about 200/100. I was taken to the hospital where eventually I got into a room at 3AM Saturday morning. So, no Saturday shave. 

I had a head CT, EKG, MRI, Echo cardiogram, a ultrasound of my carotids, blood work and urinalysis. I got checked out every way possible. Good news is, They could not find anything out of the norm. I spent Saturday night and consulted with the neurologist today. I must say, they have been thorough. What it boiled down to was hypertensive encephalopathy. That is a mouth full that makes two days in the hospital sound more reasonable. The high blood pressure ended up causing weird feelings and confusion. I think this was coming on from Thursday and came to a head Friday afternoon. I could not describe what was going on and they initially thought maybe a stroke, TIA, or some form of seizure. All that was ruled out, but by Saturday afternoon, I was feeling more like myself. My blood pressure slowly came down and today it was back to my normal except the bottom number was still high.

No comments:

Post a Comment