Saturday, June 23, 2018

Jayaruh #301 and 302

My son, Phil, was here yesterday and he brought me some cedar that he got off his father-in-law's property. Today, I took one of the pieces and began to cut it down into usable sizes. Unfortunately, I found out this piece had several nails in it. Being very careful, I was able to get through them with my carbide tipped blade. Then I continued cutting it up avoiding the nails. I got eight pieces out of it. 


The other six pieces.
I went ahead and turned two handles. They are designated JR #301 and JR #302.  Here they are after I branded them and put the first coat of polycrylic on them. I am out of knots, so I just ordered some. They should be here by the end of next week. Then, I will finish off these two brushes.




Here they are from different angles.


Update: June 29

I ordered a couple of silvertip badgers and two synthetic horse knots.





Updated: July 10, 2018

The brushes are completed.



No comments:

Post a Comment