Tuesday, June 5, 2018

May Haul

I received this lot on May 29. When I saw it originally, I spotted a Damaskeene OC head and a Damaskeene razor in the mix. There are lots of other good stuff, too. There are two GEM MM Clog-prufs, a bakelite handled GEM 1912, a Schick G1, 12 Sha-Vee-Zee blades, some Feather SE blades, some GEM blades, two razor stands, a Classic Samurai shavette, a Gillette Techmatic, a Valet strop, and other stuff.


The first thing I did was to take the GEM Damaskeene OC head and replace the closed comb head to make a complete Damaskeene OC razor. Then I cleaned it up. The handle took a lot of work to get the patina out of the knurling.

I switched the base plates.

The cap is a little funky, but I am happy.


Here it is after cleaning.

Two MMCPs after cleaning. Very nice razors.

Damaskeene, GEM CP (2), bakelite handle GEM 1912
The Damaskeene shaves great. Here are some pictures after a good cleaning.







No comments:

Post a Comment