Monday, June 11, 2018

Sha-Ve-Zee Blue Back Blade

I had my first shave with the Sha-Ve-Zee Blue Back Blade today. It was a very nice shave. I had three days growth, and I used the blade in my GEM Junior 1907 lather catcher. I did two passes and ended up with a great shave. I took some pictures of the blade to show the differences from a modern SE blade. I took these pictures after my shave. I washed and dried the blade and coated it with some 3in1 Oil and put it back in its original wrapper for a future shave.

 I washed and dried the blade and coated it with some 3in1 Oil.

It has a little surface rust, but nothing on the edge.

Here you can see the Sha-Ve-Zee on the spine.

The blade is .009 in like modern blades, but it has no cut outs or notches.

The spine is .068 in thick, almost two times a modern blade.

This is my CVS CS blade. Its spine is .037 in thick.

No comments:

Post a Comment