Friday, June 8, 2018

Frankenskeene Razor

I got a Damaskeene razor and a Damaskeene OC base plate in a lot of shaving stuff. I used the cap and handle of the Damaskeene with the OC base plate to make an OC Damaskeene.


That left me with the old closed comb base plate. Today, I decided to see if I had a handle that would fit it. The threads are not standard. It will only take my ER 1914 handle. So, it has the same threads of the old lather catchers. That is when I decided to break out the wooden Darwin type handle I made a while back. It worked perfectly. So, I am calling this my Frankenskeene razor. It does not have a cap, but that is OK, since the spring holds the blade tight against the stops. I'm thinking this is going to be a great razor.



Here it is with a blade.



No comments:

Post a Comment