Monday, January 29, 2018

Shave of the Day - 1/29


Proraso Pre Shave
Ingram
JR#226 Synthetic
Micromatic OC
Personna Gem CS
Personna Pal CS
CWR
Thayer's Lemon WH
Florida Water

I started off with Proraso Pre Shave. The Ingram Shaving Cream face-lathered well with the JR #226 Synthetic brush. I did two passes with the Micromatic OC Razor using a Personna Gem and Pal CS SE blades and ended up with a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse, I finished off with Thayer's Lemon WH and then Florida Water AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

The plan was to use the Gem CS blade for the first pass and then change over to the Pal CS for the second pass. That is exactly what I did. The GEM blade worked well on the first pass. It was more audible than the Pal probably because it was encountering thicker beard. I followed up with the Pal on the second pass. It did a great job of finishing off this excellent shave. I got no nicks, cuts or irritation from the blades. After rinsing the blades thoroughly and drying them off, I put them aside for tomorrows shave. I will reverse the order for that shave and use my Micromatic Clog-pruf.

Thanks, Andrew, for the opportunity to try these blades out.

No comments:

Post a Comment