Monday, January 22, 2018

Busy Day Today

Today was a busy day. I made two 400 type brush handles, one with spalted tamarind and one with Louisiana cypress.

I made a 3 inch handle for a lather catcher.


Ferrules came in from Tom, and I fitted them to the small lather catcher handles along with the #8 stainless steel screws.


Finally, I made a lid for an Old Spice mug from cedar.


For right now, they are all in process. I will be finishing them up over the next day or so.

Update:

JR#256
I dry fit the blonde synthetic for the picture.


JR#257
I dry set the Maggard synthetic for the picture.


The Lather Catcher 3-inch handle on my Gem 1905 Lather Catcher.

The Lid



3 comments:

  1. Excellent work!! Love the Old Spice handle.
    Again - I must say your 400 type brushes are a WORK OF ART!!!! #256 is beautiful! and the Lather Catcher handles with a GEM Junior BAR Lather catcher may be the best blade Holder out there ? :-)

    ReplyDelete