Sunday, January 28, 2018

Blade Testing - Gem and Pal Carbon Steel


Andrew of Andrew's Shave Shop was looking for testers for two blades he is carrying. I volunteered, and he sent me two of each to try out and give feed back. Both blades are by Personna, are 3-facet, and carbon steel.

This week I will be putting these blades to the test. My plan is to use one of each for each shave Monday through Friday. I will use one blade for the first pass, change blades, and use the other for the second pass. Then I will do the same next day reversing the order. I will be using my Micromatic Open Comb, Micromatic Clog-pruf, and Micromatic Bullet Tip razors for the tests.

Monday:

The plan was to use the Gem CS blade for the first pass and then change over to the Pal CS for the second pass. That is exactly what I did. The GEM blade worked well on the first pass. It was more audible than the Pal probably because it was encountering thicker beard. I followed up with the Pal on the second pass. It did a great job of finishing off this excellent shave. I got no nicks, cuts or irritation from the blades. After rinsing the blades thoroughly and drying them off, I put them aside for tomorrows shave. I will reverse the order for that shave and use my Micromatic Clog-pruf.

Thanks, Andrew, for the opportunity to try these blades out.

No comments:

Post a Comment