Friday, January 12, 2018

Shave of the Day - 1/12

Proraso Pre Shave
Williams Mug Shaving Soap
B-400
CV Heljestrand Safety Razor
Henckels Wedge
CWR
Thayer's Lemon WH
Pinaud Vanilla

I started off with Proraso Pre Shave. The Williams Mug Shaving Soap face-lathered well with the B-400 badger brush. I did two passes with the CV Heljestrand Safety Razor with a Henckels Wedge blade and ended up with a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse, I finished off with Thayer's Lemon WH and then Pinaud Vanilla AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

This will be my last shave with the Heljestrand. It finished very well. I got a great shave. It makes picking a favorite of the two very hard. I think though that I prefer the Henckels' comb to the Heljestrand's. As far as the quality of shave goes, it is a toss up. The blade today seemed better than the last time I shaved with it. I just stropped in on the leather about 40 times and put it away to send on Monday. Tomorrow, I will return to straights, but Sunday, the Henckels will be up for my last shave of the Pass Around. Thanks again, Tom , for this fantastic opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment