Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Jayaruh #81 Reknot

I decided that I really would like to have a silvertip badger in the JR#81. I had gotten a silvertip from Virginia Sheng for my JR#70, and I was very impressed with its performance, so I ordered one through Amazon. It arrived in less than  a week. So, here goes...



The old knot came out with a little persuasion, and I cleaned up the hole.


I had to make the hole a bit wider to accommodate the new knot, going from 22 to 23.5mm. I then sealed the inside of the hole and set it aside to dry.


I may use epoxy on this one since it will probably be the final knot for this handle.


I did epoxy the knot. I will do a test lather later today, and it should be ready for tomorrows first shave.


I used RazoRock Classic Artisan Shaving Soap for the first lather.





2 comments:

  1. Looks fantastic.
    If you ever want to adopt out #28 to a new forever-home do let me know :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Richard. I will keep you in mind.

      Delete