Thursday, April 7, 2016

Jayaruh #59 Completed

I had some pieces left over from cutting down two blanks: a walnut and a Wenge blank. On Wednesday, April 6, I cut them to length and then glued them together to make a new blank. From this blank, I formed this new brush today, Friday, April 8.










Update: April 13, 2016

I finished shaping the handle and sealed it with a special mixture of 1:6 polyurethane and paint thinner. Then the knot arrived today. I fitted it to the handle and took the following pictures.


The next pictures are after two coatings of polyurethane.



Update: April 14, 2016
I branded the brush and put another coat of polyurethane on it.




Update: April 16, 2016

After the final coat of polyurethane dried, I set the Maggard 24mm synthetic knot with silicone.



No comments:

Post a Comment