Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Lids

I have three soaps that do not have lids, and I decided that I would make some lids for two of the containers. One was my VDH Luxury soap which is in the VDH apothecary mug, and the other is the VDH Deluxe shave soap which is in a porcelain ramekin I got at Pier 1. I used the containers to draw circles on some 1/4 inch plywood. I took some inside measurements and used a compass to draw circles of that diameter. After I cut them out with my band saw, I did lots of sanding to get the edges and surfaces smooth. I glued the pieces together. One I painted, and the other I just urethaned. 


I think they came out pretty well. I am now able to stack the containers. I have one other to do. That would be Grandpa Lowe's shaving mug where my Williams soap lives.


The story continues... I made the lid for Grandpa Lowe's shaving mug. I finished it in white. They are truly stackable.

On January 15, 2015, I got an Old Spice mug and have transferred the VDH Deluxe to it along with the lid.












Lid for my new Barbershop mug.

No comments:

Post a Comment