Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Shave of the Day - 7/29


Dove Men's Face Wash
“1914” American Druggist Recipe
Made Rite Boar Brush
1914 Ever-Ready
GEM Super Stainless
CWR
Thayers Cucumber WH
Aqua Velva Ice Blue

Today, I face-lathered a soap by @maltedmilk at The Shave Den called "1914 American Druggist Recipe." Using my Made Rite boar brush, I loaded for 30+ seconds. I got airy lather that disipated before the pass was over. It was slick though but not too friendly to my skin. I did two passes with my Ever-Ready 1914 and Gem Super Stainless blade giving me a close, audible shave. After my cold water rinse, I finished off with Thayers Cucumber WH and Aqua Velva Ice Blue after shave. I had intended to give this soap three chances, but I think one will do it. Tomorrow I will try the IdC. It has more promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment