Monday, January 14, 2019

Jayaruh #339

I messed up the original #339, so this is a redo of that handle. I did this one without the lathe. I cut the blank down on the table saw to an octagonal shape and then took it to my drum sander for shaping.

Octagonal blank ready to be shaped.

The blank has been rounded off using the drum sander.


I marked some strategic spots on the blank.

The waist is started.

I start the diagonal flutes.

The hole is marked off.

The base is marked off.

More sanding.



I put the hole in the top. Almost there.
I stained and sealed the handle with a golden peacan stain/seal, and finished it with two coats of polycrylic. I put the JR 339 on the bottom. These pictures are of the brush with the Omega 49 boar knot dry fitted.






2 comments:

  1. I am really inspired by this article. I am thinking of making my own shaving brush using all the help I can avail from this article. Thanks a lot for providing me with such inspiration.

    Mo Bro's Discount Codes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Afaq. That is one reason I post these. Give it a shot. It is not rocket science,

      Delete