Saturday, September 29, 2018

Manzanita Wood

Joe out in California offered to send me some Manzanita wood to see if it would be of any use for brush handles.  Later he sent a message that wood was on the way. He included this note:


The wood is not entirely green , the tree was killed by the Carr fire last year and harvested a year later (giving it a year to recover)a few things may happen when you chuck it up
1) it will be checked beyond use
2) it will work great
3) it will explode into strapnel eliminating 1/3 the population of north Carolina.

The wood arrived today. The mail truck pulled up out front and this little mailwoman struggled with the package to my front porch.  The package had collapsed and the big log was sticking out one end. From Joe's messages, I did not expect this. However, it has excited me. I will have to get on it and see what I can do.

Thanks, Joe.



No comments:

Post a Comment