Thursday, November 2, 2017

Rubberset 200 Restore

I am expecting this Rubberset 200 brush today that I will be restoring. I am chomping at the bit to get my hands on it.



Update: November 2, 6:30 PM

The brush arrives with two 24mm boar knots.

The knot is removed.

The ferrule is cleaned up.

Dry fitting the knot.

The ferrule unscrews from the handle.

Paint applied to the lettering.

All clean and ready to have the knot set.
I prepared the handle for the knot by putting a piece of pvc pipe in the bottom and then putting a quarter on top of that to provide a place to glue the knot. I epoxied the pvc and the quarter in place.


In the mean time I have lathered the knot to prepare it for setting tomorrow.


November 3 
All finished and ready to go. The RS 200 will be going along with JR#238 and JR#239 to live in Mission, TX.



No comments:

Post a Comment