Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Jayaruh #242 and #243 Begin

I had a piece of cypress about 5 inches long. I decided today, since it was so pretty out, to make a couple of brush handles. I decided on RS 400 type handles because I am going to use a couple of the ferrules that Tom White made for me. So, these brushes will be wood and aluminum.  These are the pictures after I turned and shaped the handles. The first picture shows the orientation of the handles as I turned them. After turning the handles, I cut them apart at the middle and then made the flutes with a sanding drum.



The left one is 55mm to the ferrule while the one on the right is 50mm to the ferrule.

The following are after I stained the handles: golden pecan and dark walnut.





Update: November 23, 2017
Polycrylic and branding.




No comments:

Post a Comment