Friday, September 15, 2017

Ever-Ready 100 Brush

This Ever-Ready 100 boar brush was sent to me by JoAnna at TSD when she sent me my strop prize. She want me to see if I could restore it for her. This will be a fun little project. The original knot measures 19mm at the base. I will have to make the hole bigger for the new knot.






I cut the knot off at its base and then Dremelled out the rest. The hole is too small for the boar knot I have for it, so I will make the hole a bit larger tomorrow. I buffed the handle a bit. I did not want to over do it. So here is what I have now.



Update: September 16, 2017

Today, I finished up the ER 100 brush. I drilled out the hole with a 3/4 forstner bit. I filled the empty handle with a plastic pipe and filled that with weights to give the handle some heft. I used my Dremel to taper the hole's opening and fitted it to the knot.



I polished  the handle with a buffing wheel and filled in the lettering with gold to make them stand out.








Finally, I glued in the knot with epoxy. The knot measures 24.7mm at the base and has a loft of 51mm.



Before and after...


No comments:

Post a Comment