Saturday, September 23, 2017

Celtic Knots: Round Two

I used this jig I made to make 35 degree cuts almost all the way through the wood.  I made the cut, then I glued the inlay and clamped it. I repeated three times. This time I moved the knot closer to the end of the piece.  I did two at a time. I will probably turn them so that the knot is at the top on one and the bottom of the other.


This was the first cut on each end of the cypress.


 This is the second cut.


 This is the third cut, one to go.


Update: September 25, 2017

Today, I cut the two handles off of the long piece and turned them into brush handles.

Here is the first blank ready for turning.

First handle finished.

Second handle finished.

Side by side.

After I drilled the holes.


Update: First coat of polycrylic.



With Ace synthetic, just for fun.
Update: the final knots

#223 has gone to its new home

#224 remains with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment