Friday, March 3, 2017

Gold Dollar 7/8 Straight

I just received this Gold Dollar razor from China. It is a 208 stainless model. I really don't know much about the GD except that they are cheap. This one was advertised as shave ready. I took it for a ride today and it did pretty well. It could probably use some more time on the hones, but for now I will wait on my paste and give it some strop time.


Update: Saturday, March 4

Saturday Straights: I had planned just to use the H. Böker 5/8, but I got a new Gold Dollar razor in the mail yesterday, and so I incorporated it into today's shave. It did pretty good. It is a 7/8 stainless with the number 208 on the tang.




TABAC
Dove Men Face Wash
C.O. Bigelow Shave Cream
Jayaruh #144
Gold Dollar 7/8 str8
H. Böker 5/8
CWR, Asma Alum Block
Thayer's Lemon WH
Pinaud Vegetal AS

The TABAC Shave Soap face-lathered well with my Jayaruh #144 finest badger brush. I did two passes: the first with my new Gold Dollar razor, and the second with the H. Böker 5/8 and ended up with a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse and alum block, I finished off with Thayer's Lemon WH and then Pinaud Vegetal AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

No comments:

Post a Comment