Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Jayaruh #86

The Jayaruh #86 is made from purple heart and oak. I made a mistake cutting the PH initally. My saw blade was not at 90 degrees. So, I cut the oak at the same angle. Then I set the blade to 90 degrees and made the final cuts. You can see that the top PH and the oak are at an angle. So, it was a work around. I got a plug cutter from Harbor Freight and cut some plugs from the PH. After I cut off the corners of the square blank, I drilled 1/4 inch holes around the middle on each face. Then, I rounded the piece off and began to shape the middle. I glued the plugs in the holes and let it dry a bit. Then, I began shaping the handle. The pictures tell the rest of the story. After I branded the handle with the JR 86, I sealed the handle. That created a rich color. After that dried, I put a coat of polyurethane on it. 





















No comments:

Post a Comment