Monday, January 25, 2016

Jayaruh #42 Started

January 25, 2916

I started the JR#42 today for a fellow wet-shaver.  We are doing a trade. I got a good start on it. The weather has been "bad" here with 8 plus inches of snow. However, today, the roads were mostly clear so we got out some, and when we returned, the temperature was above 50 and the carport was clear, so conditions were ideal for me to work outside.  This brush will eventually be stained with a dark walnut stain and fitted with an Ubersoft 2 24mm synthetic knot. I think it is going to be a beautiful and functional brush. The knot I used for the photos is a 24mm synthetic.

Checking out how it hangs in my home-made brush/razor stand.







January 26, 2016


Today, I finished sanding and sizing the knot hole. I stained and sealed with Minwax dark walnut. It is ready for polyurethane now. The Ubersoft 2 knot is scheduled for delivery on Friday. The #42 should be ready to receive it by then.



January 27, 2016

I put a coat of glossy polyurethane on the handle yesterday and gave it 24 hours to dry. Here are some pictures with the poly. It makes the grain pop.



February 13, 2016
JR#42 in its new home.

No comments:

Post a Comment