Thursday, January 14, 2016

AutoStrop Clean Up


I received this very interesting razor from a new friend in Canada, the AutoStrop B1. Before cleaning, I inspected it thoroughly and finally figured how to remove the blade, so I removed the original blade before the clean up. All pictures are post clean up, but I wanted a picture of the original blade, too.







I removed the spine from a GEM blade. I ended up modifying it a bit more so it would fit. I snipped off the tabs where indicated so it would go in the holder.


Here it is with the GEM blade all clean and ready for a shave. It would be cool to have an original strop with this razor, but that will have to be an acquisition for the future. Now, I will have to settle for just a shave. I will give it a try soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment