Monday, January 18, 2016

Alum Block

I used Osma Alum Block for the first time July 31, 2014. I have used it every day since for over a year and a half. I bought a replacement a couple of months ago, but it sits by idly waiting patiently for me to use up the first block. 

The one on the left is my original block after 18 months of shaves.

Osma Alum Block is made from potassium alum, The blocks are a natural astringent for closing minor shaving nicks. It is a staple for any shaver looking for a natural aftershave to add to the shaving regiment.

To use after shaving, I rub the block gently over my wet face to reduce shaving irritation.


Update: April 6, 2016


My alum block is getting pretty thin. I don't think it will reach the 2 year mark, but it is going to get close. I will use it until it breaks and then I will switch over to the new block.


No comments:

Post a Comment