Friday, April 27, 2018

May PIF

I will be doing a PIF in May in conjunction with Andrew of Andrew's Shave Shop on Etsy. He contacted me and said that he had a couple of Schick E3s coming that had bum handles. He wondered if I would be interested in making wooden handles for them and piffing them and that he would spot the shipping. I said, "Yes, Iwould love to do that." So they are on the way, and today, I got outside on this beautiful North Cackalacky day and worked on the handles. I had two St. Louis Slugger stubs left that I thought would work just right for the handles. So, that was the last of the SLS stubs. Here are the handles so far. I will post more when I get the razors.


April 30

The razors arrived today.

Two Schick Gs and an empty blade key.
I cleaned up the heads and fitted them to the handles. I stained one with a pecan stain and one with a dark walnut stain.



 I finished the handles with several coats of lacquer.


I glued the heads into the handles with super glue.






1 comment: