Friday, April 13, 2018

Darwin Hollow Ground Safety Razor

I got this Darwin Hollow Ground Safety Razor today as a loaner from Tom over at TOST.  My knife is hiding the addresses as I take the picture before opening the box. I was so excited.


Next is my first look at the Darwin box and three wedge blades that I sent Tom to sharpen for me. I am glad to get the wedges back. Now, on to the Darwin.


Here it is in a beautiful ornate case. The case doubles as a hone and strop to keep the blades sharp and shave ready.


Here is my first look at the razor. There is also a spare blade.


Here is the razor with the head put in the normal safety razor position.


Side view of the razor.


Here the handle is put in the end so that the blade can be used as a standard straight razor.



5 comments:

  1. Very Informative and detailed article about men's safety razor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you get it ? I’m looking for one in good order.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GOOD MORNING
    I ask you if you have ever try to dissamble the darwin razor (hidding meccanism) and if you can explain how its works.

    Thank you very much

    Vassilios Bassios

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I no longer have the razor. It has gone back to its owner. However, I did make this video before it went home.
      https://youtu.be/USinSPATcj4

      Delete