Saturday, October 14, 2017

Shave of the Day - 10/14



Proraso Pre Shave
Soap Commander Renewal
Jayaruh #222
Weck U.S. Military Straight
Personna Super Stainless Hair Shaper
Gillette NEW LC
Gillette Silver Blue
CWR
Thayer's Peach WH
Pinaud Vanilla

I used my new to me Weck Sextoblade U.S. Military Straight for the first time. No stropping necessary. I used a Personna Super Stainless Hair Shaper blade. Then, for OCtober, I finished up with my Gillette NEW LC with Jayaruh handle.

I started off with Proraso Pre Shave. The Soap Commander Renewal face-lathered well with the Jayaruh #222 synthetic brush. I did the first pass with my Weck U.S. Military straight with a Personna Super Stainless Hair Shaper blade and then clean up with the Gillette NEW LC and Gillette Silver Blue blade and ended up with a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse, I finished off with Thayer's Peach WH and then Pinaud Vanilla AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed... 

Edit: The Weck with the Personna blade provided a very smooth shave. This is a great combination. Back in my army days, I would never have thought of turning it to my face. I shaved many a leg, arm, belly, and nether parts with a Weck. It is an excellent shaver.

No comments:

Post a Comment