Saturday, October 28, 2017

Jayaruh #237

A fellow TSDer ordered a RS 400 type brush with a boar knot. I decided to make two while I was at it. Here's today's work.

Almost forgot to take the first picture.

The two handles separated and the major parts marked.

Got the basic shape down.

Two handles off the lathe and ready for their holes.

I drilled the hole undersized.

Using the Dremmel, I opened the hole to 25mm.

After some hand sanding.

Just for the picture: Maggard beige synthetic.

#238 next to the #237.
Branded and first coat of polycrylic.
After two coats of polycrylic, I took the following pictures with knots dry fitted. Boar knots are on the way for these, but I just wanted some pictures with knots in them.



Update: October 31

I ordered these two donor brushes last Saturday. They should arrive tomorrow, and Lord willing, these handles will get new knots.


Update: November 2

I used one of the knots in JR#238, but the other knot was too small for the hole, so I used the 24mm beige Maggard knot for #237.




January 17, 2018




No comments:

Post a Comment