Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Schick Handles

A fellow shaver sent me this Schick-Eversharp head. He had broken the handle and asked if I could fabricate a handle for him. I said, "Send it on and I will see what I can do."


I found a couple of pieces of wood: one mahogany, the other oak. I drilled the hole in one end for the head. I then shaped the handle for each.


I decided to burn a design in the mahogany one.





The oak one I left plain. I finished the oak with polyurethane spray. The mahogany one I finished with polycrylic. After they are dry, I will send them back and let him pick the one he wants to use. He will then have a spare in case he breaks another handle. These pictures are unfinished. I will post pictures of the finished handles after they dry.




Update: July 6, 2017









The handles are done and sent back to the owner.





No comments:

Post a Comment