Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Shave of the Day - 12/14



Dove Men Face Wash
Arko Shaving Stick
Jayaruh #142
Gillette SS Y1
Personna Super
CWR, Asma Alum Block
T.N. Dickinson's WH
Pinaud Clubman

The Arko Shaving Stick face-lathered well with my Jayaruh #142 black badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Gillette SS Y1 with a Personna Super blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse and alum block, I finished off with T.N. Dickinson's WH and then Pinaud Clubman After Shave. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

9 comments:

  1. Great writeup :) I enjoy my E3 date code Gillette Red Tip. Not once have I nicked myself with it. Very fine razor and shaver. Fun fact, Jayaruh, the Red Tip was in production from 1954 to 1959.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got done shaving with my 1941 Gillette Ranger Tech and loved and enjoyed every second of the shave! Fabulous razor! This razor was introduced during the 1941 war. It for sure has some cool historical factor to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That razor has very serious historical factor. It is still on my list. I have the 1937 Sheraton and a 1946 Milord. I need the Ranger Tech to bridge the gap.

      Delete
  3. I subscribed to your youtube shaving channel and was just wondering if you'll upload more shaving videos more often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jonathan. I only do two or three videos a month. I will probably do one this week with my Gem Feather Weight. BOLO

      Delete
  4. Today I shaved with a Rockwell 6c razor that uses two sided; three in total base plates. Have you ever tried a Rockwell 6c?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I got mine in 2017. Here is my first shave with it. https://jrshaving.blogspot.com/2017/05/shave-of-day-515.html I haven't used it since December of 2017. I think I got my best results with #3 or #4.

      Delete
  5. I enjoyed the new video you put up, Jayaruh ;)

    I watched all of your other videos, subscribed and I'm looking forward to more. Again, thanks for your service and please keep on making more shaving videos until you can't anymore.

    ReplyDelete