Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Jayaruh #127 Started

I traded off one of my favorite brushes, so today, I decided to make a similar handle. It is oak with purple heart. I glued it up, sawed off the corners, and shaped it with the drum sander. I used no lathe with this one. I went back to old school. My drill press made making the hole easier than using the Dremel with a 1/8 inch bit. At the end of the day, It is fully shaped. I just need to do a lot of hand sanding to get it really smooth. Then I will finish it with some Polycrylic.

While I was at it, I made a couple of matching razor stands.

Update: November 3, 2016
After final sanding, I have finished the handle with two coats of Polycrylic sanding between coats.

 Then I branded and numbered the handle.

No comments:

Post a Comment