Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Shave of the Day - 10/22

Cold Water Shave

Noxema Classic Clean
TOBS Grapefruit Shaving Cream (first shave)
Vie-Long 12704 Horse Hair Brush (first shave)
Merkur 15c Open Comb (first shave)
Personna Stainless Comfort Coated (first shave)
CWR, Asma Alum Block
Thayers Rose Petal WH
Mennen Skin Bracer AS

All the basics of today's shave were new to me. The Taylor of Old Bond Street Grapefruit face-lathered well with my new Vie-Long horse hair brush. It was a little scritchy and smelled like a horse's rear, but I suspect that will pass in time. I had lathered with it and shampooed it before today's shave, butt it still smelled. However, the Merkur 15c open comb razor performed flawlessly with a new Personna Stainless Steel blade. After a cold water rinse and the Asma alum block, I finished off with Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel and then Mennen Skin Bracer after shave. It all ended with a close comfortable shave, and I am feeling fine and relaxed: ready for a new day.

No comments:

Post a Comment