Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Shave of the Day - 8/27

Cold Water Shave

Dove Men's Face Wash
Mitchell's Wool Fat Shaving Soap
Burma Shave Boar
GEM G-bar
CVS SE blade
CWR, Osma Alum Block
Thayers Rose Petal WH
Pinaud Clubman AS

The Mitchell's Wool Fat Shaving Soap face-lathered very easily with my Burma Shave Boar brush. Two passes with my GEM G-bar and a CVS Stainless blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse, alum block, and a final cold water rinse, I finished off with Thayers Rose Petal WH and then Pinaud Clubman after shave. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed... Note: I only got two shaves out of the first CVS blade. It turns out they are not stainless. I noticed rusting on it and changed it for a new blade today. After today's shave, I cleaned the blade, dried it, and applied a little 3 in 1 oil. Let's see if I can get more than 2 shaves out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment