Sunday, August 17, 2014

1920s Gilette Old Type Model 102

I had been reading some posts about long tooth open comb razors, and it led me to thinking about the 1920s Gillette old type razors. I went to eBay and did a search. I found this one and made a bid on it. I won.

It looks in pretty good shape and should clean up well. All the teeth are straight, and there is the traditional crack in the handle. It is hard to find a handle like this without the crack. I am looking forward to getting this razor because of the handle. I have a NEW with a short solid handle, and I want to get the long ball end handle to use on it, too.

These pictures are from the auction page.





Razor arrives today: Wednesday, August 20.


After some cleaning and a little metal polish it is ready for service. There was plenty of green on this razor, especially between the teeth. I actually used an electric tooth brush, tooth picks, and floss to clean them. I am very happy with the way it cleaned up. Click on the pictures to enlarge.




No comments:

Post a Comment