Wednesday, June 18, 2014

The Haul

I got two things in the mail today: the Micro Touch One Razor and Mitchell's Wool Fat Saving Soap.


I spent $8.53 on a razor that costs $19 at Walmart. It came straight from China. It comes with a stand and 12 Dorco razor blades. The razor itself is a real light weight. I don't think it is the same razor that you get in the set from Walmart. I believe the one at Walmart is actually made of metal. It feels heavier. The plating on the stand was a little sketchy on the top. It is not worth the $19, but it was worth trying for the $8.53. It will probably become a gift sometime in the future.


The best thing that came today was my Mitchell's Wool Fat Shaving Soap. I got it with Fathers Day funds from Phil and Tim. Thanks, guys. I ordered it Monday, and it arrived today, Wednesday, 2 days express. I am very happy with this soap. I already did a test lather with it using my Simogue 1305 boar brush and will shave with it in the morning. It lathers very easily and creates a thick creamy lather. 


I got the Mitchell's in the ceramic container. It is very nicely made. I look forward to getting refills when I use this up. It looks like it may be years, since I rotate soaps. The soap has a light pleasant scent.


No comments:

Post a Comment