Monday, June 9, 2014

Blade Banks

 What do you do with your used razor blades. In the past, medicine cabinets would have a slot in them that you could drop your old blades through. It was a great idea until you have to remove the wall for renovations.


I made a couple of blade banks for blade disposal. The first was made with a Noxzema face wash jar. I cleaned it out and cut a slit in the top. I glued an old blade on top for decoration, and I made a label that I attached with double sided tape and finished off with packing tape to keep it water proof.


The second, I made from an empty hand cream jar. It is a little bigger, but I used the same techniques for making it that I did for the first. I especially like the label. I made for it with the Gillette baby shaver. It works great. It will take years to fill. In the mean time, it makes a nice display.


No comments:

Post a Comment