Monday, May 26, 2014

Cholula Cepillo Jabalí


I've been thinking about this for years. Today, we were eating breakfast at the IHOP, and I got a bottle of Cholula that was almost empty, so I emptied it. The lid was perfect for a little brush handle. It is kind of a Mexican Wee Scot. I call it Cholula Cepillo Jabalí (Cholula Boar Brush). I harvested the bristles from an old Made Rite brush. Now, I have another handle that I can clean up and re-knot.

I removed the threaded plastic lid and cleaned the inside and put a couple of coats of urethane on it. I glued the bristles in with 5 minute Gorilla Epoxy. I finished it off with a 3/4 inch O-ring. I will let it rest a few days before trying it out.

Update: My first shave with this little guy was surprising. I face lathered C. O. Bigelow Premium Shave Cream. I ended up with a close comfortable shave. This little guy will probably not see much action, but it may make the perfect travel brush.

No comments:

Post a Comment