Wednesday, November 20, 2013

I Made a Trade

I got a message from a fellow member of The Shave Den last week proposing a trade. Back during Twist-to-Open Week, this young man posted with a GEM Bullet-tip. I mentioned that I had the Micromatic OC and the Clog-pruf and that now I must get me a bullet-tip. Well, this guy took note and let me know that his bullet-tip was looking for a new home, but he was not looking for a new razor. However, he suggested that I may have a soap or cream that he would be willing to trade for. I sent him my list of soaps and creams, and he picked out the Van Der Hagen Luxury Soap and the Proraso Sandalwood (Red). He said, "Surprise me." So, I flipped a coin and Proraso won.

He got the Proraso.
So, I boxed it up and sent it to him. Today, he received it in the mail, and he was surprised and pleased. I am glad. The bullet-tip is in the mail, and expected to arrive on or before Saturday. I am excited.

The bullet-tip was manufactured by Gem Division, American Safety Razor Corp., Brooklyn, New York in 1947 and 1948. This means it may be my birth year razor (1947).

I am getting the GEM Bullet-Tip.
I will post pictures and a follow-up when the bullet-tip arrives.

Update: Friday, November 22

The razor arrived today. I hope my new friend is as pleased with this trade as I am. This is a very nice razor. Here are the pictures.






No comments:

Post a Comment