Saturday, September 7, 2013

Schick Adjustable


 I had not been specifically looking for this razor, but I couldn't resist putting in a bid. This is the Type M Schick that was manufactured between 1965 and 1972. There were several iterations of the razor. I cannot nail it down any further than that.  It looks like it could use some cleaning up, but that has not been a problem in the past. This was one of a few vintage razors that I would really like to have, but they usually go for far more than I am willing or able to pay. I am looking forward to receiving this razor and getting it all cleaned up and then taking it for a test shave. I can't remember if I ever had a Schick adjustable or not. This will be fun.

I of course will post pictures of before and after. Estimated date of delivery is September 12, a Thursday.







Friday, September 13, the Schick adjustable arrived. Here it is cleaned up. It cleaned up very nicely. It appears to be a sound razor and to work well mechanically. I can hardly wait to take it on a test shave, but I already shaved today.







No comments:

Post a Comment