Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Shave of the Day 6/26


Day 4 of the SE Tour.

Dove Men's Face Wash
Taylor of Old Bond Street Lavender Shaving Cream
Frank Shaving Finest Badger Brush
Gem Micromatic OC Razor
Gem/Personna SS Blade
CWR
Dickinson's Witch Hazel
Aqua Velva Ice Blue AS


The razor of the day is the Gem Micromatic Open Comb, c. 1930.  I put a new blade in it and was reminded again why I am a LOSER (lover of single edge razor).  This razor does the job well.  I got a really smooth shave with just a couple of weepers on my chin. The OCMM is known to be an aggressive razor, but I like it. The combination of OC and a new blade made weepers more likely, so, I am not surprised. I probably could have avoided them if I had been satisfied with only two passes.

I am really liking this TOBS Lavender SC. I am going to be using it over the next few days as I complete the SE Tour. This cream is incredible. This is my second shave with it. I shook my brush of excess water and made seven light swirls in the cream and went to the bowl. The lather was generated easily. I added a few drops of water, and it increased in volume again. I had enough for three passes and some left over. The cream is so rich, smooth, and luxurious. 

No comments:

Post a Comment