Saturday, October 6, 2012

Gem Junior Revisited


I was a little disappointed in my initial shave with the Gem Junior, especially after reading so many rave reviews about it. I figured something must be amiss. So, I got it out and gave it the once over. Everything seemed fine, OK, and where it was supposed to be. My bad encounter may have been blade oriented. I believe the person I acquired the razor from sent me "box cutter" blades.

For this shave, I lathered with Proraso. It has a fresh scent and rinses off quite well. It has a nice menthol smell that is not over-whelming. So, I made sure I had a genuine Gem blade in the razor for this go-around. What an amazing difference! This was a totally different experience. Also, I had found out that these razors aren't the head-flat-on-the-face razors. So, I experimented with angle. I got a wonderful shave. I am getting faster with  the SE razor, too. Still, no cuts, nicks, or abrasions. I may find a place in my rotation for this razor.

No comments:

Post a Comment