Monday, November 4, 2019

Shave of the Day - 11/4


Cold Water Rinse
Ingram Shave Cream
Jayaruh #292
1902 Kampfe Brothers/Star
CVS CS SE
CWR
Osage Rub

My prep was just a cold water rinse. The Ingram Shave Cream face lathered well with the Jayaruh #292 Badger Brush. I did two passes and a cleanup with the 1902 Kampfe Brothers/Star Lather Catcher razor with a CVS CS SE blade with wedge simulator and ended up with a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse, I finished off with Osage Rub. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

5 comments:

  1. Hey Jayaruh I'm getting a 1947 un notched Gillette 40s Super Speed. As you put it, it's hard to find so I'm chuffed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you. It is a nice razor to have.

      Delete
    2. How does the un notched version shave compared to the notched 40s Super Speed? I have a TV Special date code 40s Super Speed

      Delete
    3. I would say they all give a rather mild shave. https://jrshaving.blogspot.com/2014/03/super-speed-comparison.html

      Delete
    4. Today is my birthday and to celebrate I got up early and tried out my un-notched 40s Super Speed and for me personally, it shaved me much more smoother and close than my other two versions of the 40's Super Speed.

      Delete