Saturday, November 9, 2019

L'Essor Repair

I got this L'Essor lather catcher a while back from Adrian, a fellow wet shaver in Texas. The problem with it is that one of the blade stops is gone. The blade that came with it was also missing the corners. I set it aside for a while and today I began to build up the missing blade stop with JB Weld.

The blade stop on the right is missing.

I began by mixing some JB Weld.

 Here I have built up what may end up being a blade stop. I may have to add some later, but now I must wait until it hardens before I can try to shape it into a suitable blade stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment